- Phoebe's Fair Valentine (Part 1)
- Phoebe's Fair Valentine (Part 2)
- Phoebe's Fair Valentine (Part 3)
- Phoebe's Fair Valentine (Part 4)
- Phoebe's Fair Valentine (Part 5)
"This should be fine," Griffin says as we walk out onto our favorite beach.For a few minutes we just stand there, enjoying the fresh smell of the Aegean, the soft sand beneath our sneakers, and the total happiness of the moment. There's something magical about a beach at night. Something ... eternal.
"Ready to open you present," Griffin asks, inching closer to my side.
I smile at him, even though he probably can't see it in the faint moonlight. But he can hear me tear open the wrapping (I've never been a carefully-unwrap-the-gift-without-tearing girl).
"Now, before you pull off the lid," he says, "you might want to aim the box toward the water."
Although I'm a little nervous about that warning, I'm also a lot excited.
Carefully, slowly, so I don't miss an instant of whatever the gift is going to bring, I peel back the lid. Before it's even barely open, bright glittering sparks fly out, blinding me for a second, before darting out over the water. As we watch in awe--because I can so tell that Griffin is pretty impressed, too--the glittering sparks whirl around, forming a dense glow, before shooting out in a line. They go up then curve back down once. Twice. Before returning back to their starting point.
A heart. They formed a heart.
I turn to Griffin, beaming--and trying not to cry like a girly girl--as the sparks glow in a rainbow of colors. In their bright light I can clearly see his beautiful face.
"It's beautiful," I say, slipping my hand behind his neck and leaning in for a kiss.
I'm shocked when he pulls back.
"There's more," he says, nodding at the books. "Look inside."
When I look down into the box still clutched in my hand, I see what he means. Sitting there, on a piece of red tissue paper, is a tiny silver pin that reads "HERO."
I can't help the tears as I wrap my arms around his neck and press my lips to his. What girl could ask for a more perfect first Valentine's day?
I hope you enjoyed Phoebe's Fair Valentine (Phoebe certainly did). I'll be posting a PDF-downloadable version soon, so you can read it all at once or print it out of you want.
If this was your first introduction to Phoebe and Griffin, then you might want to read OH. MY. GODS. to find out how they got together in the first place. If you already love Phoebe and Griffin as much as I do, then find out what happens next in their story when GODDESS BOOT CAMP comes out in June.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
Hugs,
TLC
No comments:
Post a Comment