Anyway, I've read a lot of articles on writing craft in my time, so I'm a bit picky. Since I'm (supposed to be) revising, the topics that tickle my fancy at the moment definitely skew to the theme of "How Do I Fix This #%$! Book?"
- Lists! at The Secret Archives of the Alliterati. Planning and revising scenes for maximum effect. Three keys points about scenes to keep in mind.
- The Hero’s Journey series at Justus R. Stone. Based on the comparative mythology studies of Joseph Campbell. A terrific basic template for story structure.
- Three Act Structure at Jenn Johansson. A great summary and discussion about Artistotle's three act structure, and why this format works.
- Kumquats Were Harmed During the Writing of This Article at Unbound. A fun and fruity example of applying three act structure to a story.
- 6 Reasons I Stop Reading (and How to Avoid Them) at Anna Staniszewski. Some reasons why a reader doesn't get drawn into a story and how to fix them.
- 22 Websites Every Writer Must Use at The Creative Penn.
PS -- There are still open spots on the Splash Team!