Monday, May 19, 2008

Movie Madness

After a long hiatus from the movie theaters, I've seen three first-run flicks in the last few weeks. Here are my biased and unrestrained opinions.

PROM NIGHT

I wanted to see this movie for a couple of reasons. One, I love Brittany Snow. Two, prom is always fun, but prom with a crazy psycho-killer is just awesome. Overall this was a decent flick. I appreciate that there wasn't a lot of blood and gore, but sometimes that got a little ridiculous. I mean, Johnathan Schaech grabs a hotel maid, shoves and knife in her belly, and walks away without a drop of blood on his shirt. Come on. Plus, there were just too many dead bodies. Did he really have to kill everybody? Seriously, I think there were like five people left by the time the credits rolled.

Movie Grade: B-


MADE OF HONOR

What's not to love about a movie where Patrick Dempsey realizes he's in love with his best friend, just when she gets engaged to a Scottish guy? I'm a sucker for friends falling in love stories, so I was predisposed to like this one. It's probably only a so-so movie, but I can ignore the silliness of Patrick putting together the bridal shower gift baskets and helping his girl choose wedding night lingerie because I just wanted him to get the girl. As you might have guessed, I wasn't disappointed.

Movie Grade: B+


WHAT HAPPENS IN VEGAS

The previews made this movie look pretty funny, which is why--when my parents and I had three hours to kill before they needed to leave for the airport--I suggested we go see this. They love Vegas, so they agreed. This movie was hilarious! Way better than even the trailers made it seem. I've always loved Cameron and only felt lukewarm to Ashton (case in point: Dude Where's My Car?) but he was really good. His acting ability surprised me--he was more than just the funny guy. I laughed out loud so much I think my mom thought I'd lost it. There were so many great one-liners!

"We got robbed. All they took was the door."

Movie Grade: A


If you don't like my opinions in movies then, well, too bad. (I never claimed to have good taste.) Seen any good movies lately? Please share.

Hugs,
TLC

1 comment:

Becky said...

Now that you've given "Vegas" the green light, I must see it. I was waiting to hear what the consensus was, b/c I, too, love Cameron. In my best dreams, I look like her. LOL! I am SUPER behind on seeing movies from working too much, but I will be FIRST IN LINE for Indy on Friday. I've been waiting 20 years for this movie!